Calligram Project


     For my Calligram project, I decided to replicate captain Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning lifting the Stanley Cup. This work is made up of vector text and was designed in Adobe Illustrator. For my first attempt in Adobe Illustrator, I am very pleased with my work. With being proficient in Adobe Photoshop, this project allowed to me to see how both the applications compare and contrast.

   The cup was created with names of the players that won the championship this year followed by the hockey player being created out of my personal letter to my future self 20 years from now. I wanted the story to match the imaged so I wrote about how life was like a hockey game and how it will have ups and downs just like this the season the team faced with the pandemic. I believe the only difficult thing about creating my calligram was the time it took to add and edit the text to fit the image. 

Estimated work time: 5 1/2 Hours

Inspiration:



Comments

  1. Tyler, I remember seeing this in class and being so impressed. You did an amazing job, it looks like a professional did this. I also love the fact that you took your passion for the Lightening and incorporated that into this project. This project was hard for me and you did so well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag Brush

Somewhere

Pre Somewhere