Self Portrait Propaganda Poster

 

My self portrait poster was designed in Adobe Illustrator using vector shapes. For this design , I decided to do my poster theme on wearing mask. There is enough evidence that they work and stop the spread of Covid-19 but people still get political with wearing them.


I am really shocked at how nice my poster turned out. This was my first time creating a face on any editing software and I thought I wouldn't succeed due to the complications of shading. I went over my face in Illustrator with the pen tool to create the basic shapes of my face, then proceeded to fill the shapes with the same color of my skin using the eyedropper tool. 


The design itself is put together in a way that makes it art while sending an important message. Overall, I am very happy with my image and how it came out. If I had to change one thing, it would be my hair. I couldn't find an effect to add my highlights.


Estimated work time: 4 hours




Comments

  1. Tyler, when you presented this to the class my jaw dropped! The detail, color, and accuracy is well shown. I can tell that it is you and it shows the hard work you put into it. I think it was a great idea to do COVID-19 as your theme because college students have been not wearing masks when they should be. Your eyes show intense detail as well as the wrinkles on your forehead. Really amazing job I do not think you would need to change anything about this piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag Brush

Somewhere

Pre Somewhere